Oct 23, 2009

To avoid nasty surprises.

Don't mix your medicines to avoid nasty surprises

You took your blood pressure medicine an hour ago. Is it safe to take a motion sickness tablet now? Drug-Digestion.org can tell you. The Interaction Checker database has more than 5000 over the- counter drugs,supplements and prescriptions. Pick your pills from the list to get information on 11,500 possible interactions,plus any known problems with food or alcohol. Mix ginkgo biloba and aspirin, for instance, and you can increase the risk of stomach bleeding. Experts at the American Pharmacists Association say the site is safe and has good info. but warn not to discontinue any drugs until you talk to a doctor or pharmacist.
~RD~

No comments:

Hello blog, it's been a while.

 Finally I am back! But first, let me take a coffee! Hi everyone, I know that it's been a long time since I have a blog post, my apologi...