Aug 22, 2009

getting old- originally written on 8/31/08


Before Onechang ( my eldest daughter) leave the house for school she asks me this question " Mom, is it necessary that all the people in this world will die? for example, the old people? Why do people die? I was in total blank because for me that question is hard to explain.I said; You know honey there are things in this world sometimes its hard to explain, like your question but for sure in a right time I will explain it to you OK... We all know that death is a natural part of life and lately I notice that she's been very curious about that for couple of weeks already .About dying and where do people go when they die. I know she deserves to know the truth but for me I don't want to answer her question for now, because she is too vulnerable to accept the reality that is why I chose not too. I thought the Q&A is over until she asks me for another one, Mom she look straight in my eyes and said " when you be come an old lady you will not die right because you love me and you would not leave me ? And I said "yes I love you ! You know that did you? I want you to remember this, Mama is always here for both of you no matter what happens my love for you is forever honey. But just promise me when I grow old you will take good care of me and papa right? She answered me with a smile , "I will mama promise."

5 comments:

shydub said...

Napaka inquisitive naman ng anak mo jac. She is a smart girl huh. Me too I find that hard to answer if one of my kids would ask me that one day.

Tetcha said...

For some reasons, I was saddened by your daughter's question. Come to think of it, our kids love us very much and they want us to be with them forever, but that is not the reality here. And the thought of leaving our kids behind really hits me hard. And yes, kids today asks lots of intelligent questions that the adults aren't prepared to answer.

Clarissa said...

Kids are smart questioning somethings about that.Nakakalungkot naman ang tanong nya--it didn't come to my mind that someday Wakaba will question me the same...

Seiko said...

Either I nalungkot sa tanong ng anak mo Jac.Yuriko never asked me that question,but she would always telling me specially when she was in her preparatory...you will live untill you reach the age 100 huh please promise me that.

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh I have tears in my eyes. I dread the day I have to talk to Logan about death :(

Thank you for the comment about my lasagna. I hope you're having a good week!

Hello blog, it's been a while.

 Finally I am back! But first, let me take a coffee! Hi everyone, I know that it's been a long time since I have a blog post, my apologi...