Feb 26, 2009

Are we too clean?




Have you ever heard that asthma rates in kids are on the rise. Surprisingly, some experts say it may have to do with our sterile lifestyle and overuse of antibiotics. Exposure to bugs puts the immune system into fighting mode-and that is the good thing. Kids with H.pylori bacterium are half as likely to have asthma as those who don't, according to recent research. Since the invention of antibiotics, this bacterium has been on the decline. The discovery could lead to the development of a preventive treatment.Until then, replace antibacterial soap and cleaning products with normal ones. And when possible, avoid giving your child antibiotics.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've heard too that putting powder in your baby's face can cause asthma. Nice post mammyjac.

Got tag for you to grab here:http://shydub-simplehappylife.blogspot.com/2009/02/you-shouldnt-meme.html

Hello blog, it's been a while.

 Finally I am back! But first, let me take a coffee! Hi everyone, I know that it's been a long time since I have a blog post, my apologi...